The active ingredient dextromethorphan belongs to a group of medicines called cough suppressants that work by providing relief from persistent dry irritant coughs.
How to use:
Adults, the elderly and children over 12 years: Take 10 ml up to four times daily, as required.
Use the dosing cup provided with the pack
Stop using this medicine and ask a healthcare professional if you have had a cough for more than 7 days or if you have any other symptoms which might be related to your cough, for example fever, rash or persistent headache.
Do not take this medicine if:
- You are allergic (hypersensitive) to dextromethorphan hydrobromide or any of the other ingredients in this medicine (listed below).
- You are currently taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI), used to treat depression and Parkinson's disease or have taken this medicine in the last 14 days.
- You are currently taking a selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI), used to treat depression and anxiety or have taken this medicine in the last 14 days.
- You are currently taking any other medication for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease or have done so in the last 14 days.
- Take special care and talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if:
- You have had a cough for a long time or if you have asthma or suffer from serious asthma attacks, or if your cough is accompanied by a fever, rash, or persistent headache.
- You have liver problems.
- This medicine contains dextromethorphan which can cause dependency. It should be used with care. Particular caution is advised if you are an adolescent or have had drug dependency in the past. This medicine can lead to dependence. Therefore the treatment should be of short duration.
Pregnancy and breastfeeding:
Talk to your doctor before taking this medicine if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Driving and using machines:
- The medicine can affect your ability to drive as it may make you sleepy or dizzy.
- Do not drive while taking this medicine until you know how it affects you.
Talk to your doctor or pharmacist if you are not sure whether it is safe for you to drive while taking this medicine.
Each 5 ml contains 7.5 mg of the active substance dextromethorphan hydrobromide. Robitussin Dry Cough Medicine also contains: Glycerol, sodium carboxymethyl cellulose, sodium benzoate, disodium edetate, maltitol (E965), ethanol, citric acid anhydrous, amaranth (E123), caramel (E150), levomenthol, cherry/grenadine flavour, sorbitol solution 70%, sodium cyclamate, acesulfame potassium salt, purified water.
Keep all medicines out the sight and reach of children.
Always consult the Patient Information Leaflet before using this medicine
Payment & Security
Your payment information is processed securely. We do not store credit card details nor have access to your credit card information.